Rss Feed
  1. A contemporary poem for the river daughter

    sábado, 4 de agosto de 2012

    Guided by the ringing bells
    in her voice
    and the ghost
    of her singing,
    winding along the river
    I came to see
    the daughter of
    flowing waters

    Enthralled and seized
    by the shinning silver,
    couldn’t I tell
    if I watched the moon
    or her hair

    Kissed with unfathomable beauty
    the cascading smile
    made the waters obey
    River daughter but
    mother of life
    who whispered into the wind
    enchanted light

    Her eyes told me
    secrets of the forest
    I understood ancient mysteries
    only to forget them
    for her gaze
    assaulted my memory

    A hazy dream
    lays in my head
    pieces of her voice
    I can only see
    the river daughter
    is now but just mist

    However one secret
    can I remember

    The one
    that her clear glow
    magically engraved

    The one she told me
    not to utter
    for it's hers only
    to give away

    - CCC

  2. 0 comentarios:

    Publicar un comentario